SOUTHWEST CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN WRAPS — Chicken and cream cheese are combined with red peppers, black beans, corn, shredded cheddar and southwest spices, then wrapped in flour tortillas for a hearty lunch or light dinner.
I’m not a big sandwich person, but roll up some sandwich filling in a wrap or tortilla and it somehow tastes so much better to me! And I can’t get enough of these Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps.
Neither can my family. The first time I served these loaded, Tex-Mex style wraps for dinner, my husband proclaimed it the best meal I’d made in a long time.
Great recipe for using chicken and fresh corn. I did make it into quesadillas instead of wraps but it was great. ~ B
He couldn’t wait to dig into the leftovers the next day for lunch, and asks me to make them on a regular basis. So to say he was a big fan of these wraps would be a huge understatement.
And I must agree, these wraps are delicious. They’re loaded with so much goodness, it’s hard to say what my favorite ingredient is. But in a pinch, I’d have to go with the crunchy tortilla strips.
Not to mention, these wraps are the perfect meal for our current warm weather. They’re exactly the kind of thing I crave when it’s too hot outside to turn on the oven.
These are meant to be served with the filling warm, though not piping hot. But I think they would taste great with everything at room temperature, or even cold.
Really, really good! What makes them better than any other similar wrap is the addition of the crunchy tortilla strips. Genius…..I will make this again and again. ~ Janice
I use a supermarket rotisserie chicken to speed things up and make assembly easy. And I love the big, colored wraps you can find in the tortilla section of the grocery store.
But plain white flour tortillas work great too. I like to use the largest wrap or tortilla I can find, but the creamy, slightly spicy chicken filling is delicious no matter what size or style of tortilla you use.
These wraps are a new family favorite at our house, and I know we’ll be enjoying them for years to come. I hope you love them too!
Be sure to save this recipe for Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Aaaahhhhmazing recipe!! Made this last night and my husband kept telling me how good it was, even mentioning at a point that I should make this “every day. ” Thank you for a great dish! ~ Natasha
Here’s what you’ll need to make Southwest Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps
- Olive oil
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper
- Produce: jalapenos, red bell pepper, green onions, fresh cilantro, garlic
- Frozen corn
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Lime juice
- Cheddar cheese
- Wraps or tortillas
- Tortilla strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-8 large wraps or tortillas
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups tortilla strips, optional
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic, and peppers. Cook about 5 minutes, or until mixture is warmed through and peppers are just tender.
- Stir in the corn, beans, sour cream, cream cheese and lime juice. Continue cooking and stirring until cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro.
- Divide the mixture between the wraps and sprinkle with tortilla strips, if desired. Roll up tightly and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 633 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 722mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 3g Protein: 29g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Curry Chicken Orzo Salad
Tender chicken, orzo, apples, almonds and celery tossed in a creamy curried mayonnaise dressing. Serve on thick sliced bread or croissants.
Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti
Spaghetti in a spicy white cheddar cheese sauce, with chicken, diced tomatoes and cilantro.
Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad
Chicken, tomatoes and edamame are combined with shell pasta and tossed with basil pesto in this simple but delicious salad.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Flatbreads
Savory grilled chicken and Caesar salad are served up in warm flatbread in this light and easy dinner.
Slow Cooker Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Chicken is slow cooked with beans, corn and southwest seasonings, then combined with cheese, rice and your favorite taco toppings for Tex Mex comfort food the whole family will love.
Chicken breasts marinated in balsamic vinaigrette, then baked or grilled to perfection. This easy chicken recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Jo Cooks