FUDGY TOFFEE COOKIE BARS — A graham cracker crust is topped with a later of decadent toffee fudge, then finished off with a chewy chocolate chip cookie layer for an amazing bar cookie that’s sure to become a favorite.
If you love bar cookies as much as I do, then these Fudgy Toffee Cookie Bars are a must make!
Unless you don’t like chocolate. Or cookies. Which is kind of crazy, but I know these people exist. For them, I recommend my equally amazing Sugar Cookie Bars. Actually, even if you love chocolate, you should try the Sugar Cookie Bars too.
One of my favorite things about these bars is the fact that they are so easy to make, even with the three layers. That’s the beauty of the bar cookie. It all goes into the pan at once, which saves so much time and effort.
I like to use milk chocolate chips in the top layer of these bars, to contrast with the darker chocolate fudge layer. But you can absolutely go with semi-sweet or even dark chips if you like.
Of course, what really makes these bars stand out is the additional of the toffee bits. They add a bit of crunch and a caramel-like flavor that really gives these cookie bars a unique flavor.
And I suppose it goes without saying that one of these bars is the perfect thing to go with a tall glass of cold milk. You really can’t go wrong with that as an after-school or late night snack.
Like I said, these Fudgy Toffee Cookie Bars are a must try. They’re a favorite at my house and I think they’ll be a favorite at your house too.
Be sure to save this recipe for Fudgy Toffee Cookie Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Fudgy Toffee Cookie Bars
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter until evenly moistened. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For the fudge layer,combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute at 50% power. Stir. Microwave for another minute and continue stirring and microwaving until the mixture is smooth and melted. Spread the fudge mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of toffee bits.
- For the cookie layer, in large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the flour, salt and baking soda, then stir the chocolate chips. Dollop spoonfuls of the cookie mixture over the fudge layer and spread to form an even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until just golden brown. Don't not overbake. Cool completely and cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 449 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 354mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 34g Protein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Soft oatmeal cookie bars filled with dulce de leche and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
Classic snickerdoodle flavors in an easy to make, time-saving bar cookie form.
Chocolate Caramel Crunch Bars
Layers of buttery crackers and caramel, topped of with a combination of peanut butter, chocolate and butterscotch. These bars are absolutely heavenly!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal combined with butter and marshmallows for a sweet and crunchy treat.
Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Bars
These pumpkin pie-style bars feature a nutty crust and a brown sugar and pecan streusel topping. A great alternative to pumpkin pie that will feed a Thanksgiving crowd!
Glen’s Famous Fudgy Brownies
These rich, chocolate, chewy brownies are a family favorite. If you're looking for a brownie mix-style brownie recipe, this is it!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe