MEATBALL STROGANOFF BAKE — All the flavors of classic beef stroganoff come together in this delicious pasta filled casserole, made easy with the addition of precooked frozen meatballs. A simple, tasty dinner the whole family will love!
Everyone in my family (especially my husband) loves beef stroganoff, so it only seemed natural to combine some of our favorite ingredients from that classic recipe in this Meatball Stroganoff Bake.
To say this was a big hit would be a big understatement! Everyone gobbled this casserole up and went back for seconds. Some even went back for thirds.
Of course, you could make this dish with chunks of beef, or even ground beef (you’d need to cook both ahead of time), but I love the simplicity of just tossing in some precooked frozen meatballs.
I always keep a bag of frozen meatballs handy for last minute easy dinners. My go-to is simply spaghetti and meatballs, made with jarred marinara sauce. But frozen meatballs are handy for all kinds of quick and easy recipes like this one.
So this dish was a win-win for me, since everyone loved it, and it was so easy for me to put together. This would also make a great freezer meal, for your own family or a neighbor who could use a hand.
We liked it with the more traditional egg noodles, but honestly, almost any kind of hearty pasta would work well in this dish, so use whatever you have on hand.
Now, this isn’t exactly healthy food, but if you’re craving something hearty, comforting and easy to make, this Meatball Stroganoff Bake definitely fits the bill. I know will be enjoying it often at my house.
Be sure to save this Meatball Stroganoff Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Meatball Stroganoff Bake
- Egg noodles or other pasta
- Produce: mushrooms, fresh parsley, onions
- Beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Frozen, precooked meatballs
- 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (22 oz.) frozen precooked meatballs, thawed
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions, using minimum cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until just tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir flour into mushroom and onion mixture. Gradually stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for an additional 305 minutes. Add cream cheese, stirring constantly with whisk until cream cheese is mostly incorporated (small pieces of cream cheese may remain but will incorporate in baking). Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream.
- Stir in cooked noodles and meatballs, carefully mixing to coat. Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and casserole is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir before serving, and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 313 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 739mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti
This rich and creamy baked pasta dish features chicken, spinach and spaghetti in a cheesy Alfredo style sauce. It's comfort food the whole family will love.Get the Recipe
Easy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Bake
Pasta and chicken in a creamy cheese sauce, loaded with spinach, peppers and fresh herbs. An easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Baked Spaghetti Lasagna
Hearty baked spaghetti in a creamy mozzarella and ricotta base, topped with a flavorful sausage marinara sauce.Get the Recipe
Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas
Cheese filled ravioli, diced ham, and peas come together in a creamy sauce for a comfort food style pasta dish that will satisfy the whole family.Get the Recipe
Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
Layers of ravioli, marinara sauce and cheese combine in this easy, lasagna-style dish the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Ultimate Baked Ziti
Pasta is baked in a creamy marinara sauce with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in this ultimate version of a classic Italian dish.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Pillsbury