CHEESY RAVIOLI WITH HAM AND PEAS — Cheese filled ravioli, diced ham, and peas come together in a creamy sauce for a comfort food style pasta dish that will satisfy the whole family.
If you had ham for Christmas dinner, you’re probably looking for a way to use some leftovers. Well, look no further than his Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas.
Of all the dishes I make with ham, this one is probably my family’s favorite. Because what’s not to love about a creamy, cheesy pasta dish? I could throw just about any kind of meat and vegetables in this recipe and my boys would devour it.
But after holidays, it’s usually ham that I need to use up. And peas are the perfect accompaniment to the ham, but mushrooms, broccoli, or even no vegetables at all would work just as well.
You can even sub tortellini for the ravioli, or use an unfilled pasta in this recipe. The point is to use up some leftovers, so feel free to add what you have on hand.
You can serve this serve this straight from the skillet, but I like to dump it into a 9×13 baking dish and broil it for a few minutes for a nice bubbly, golden top.
Besides being delicious, this meal comes together in about 20 minutes, which is exactly what I need after all that holiday cooking.
And if you have company, this is a nice way to serve something besides just a plate of microwaved leftovers, without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
If you have lot of leftover ham, dice it up and freeze it so you can make this dish again later. It’s definitely a dinner my family is happy to eat any time of year!
Be sure to save this Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas
- Chicken broth
- Spices: nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Frozen peas
- Heavy cream
- Shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 ounces fresh or frozen ravioli
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.), divided
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute a few minutes, then stir in flour and cook a few minutes more.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in cream. Add ravioli and stir gently to combine. Season with nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until ravioli is tender.
- Stir in the ham and peas, along with half of the cheese. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 862mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.