CHILE LIME SALMON TACOS — Salmon is roasted with spices and lime juice, then served in tortillas with a tangy cabbage slaw in this fresh and delicious seafood taco recipe.
Normally I just roast salmon filets and serve them with a side of rice or potatoes, so serving the salmon taco style was a welcome and delicious change from the usual.
And the combination of chili powder, cayenne and lime juice made for a perfect taco seasoning blend. We also served these tacos with fresh limes for squeezing, and a creamy sriracha ranch sauce. These result was pretty much perfection!
Everyone at my house prefers flour tortillas, so that’s what we used, but corn tortillas work great too–especially if you’re looking for a gluten free option.
I usually buy my salmon at Costco, and it’s enough to feed a small army (or several hungry teenage boys), but you could certainly scale the recipe down for fewer people. The seasonings would work will on other fish–or even shrimp–too!
And although roasting the fish in the oven is so easy, these tacos would be amazing with grilled salmon too. Especially during the warmer months where you don’t want to crank your oven up to 425 degrees.
With the tangy coleslaw and a sprinkling of cilantro, these tacos are fresh, nutritious and oh so good! They’re sure to become your new favorite way to serve salmon.
Be sure to save this recipe for Chile Lime Salmon Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chile Lime Salmon Tacos
- Produce: Coleslaw mix, red onion, cilantro, fresh dill, limes
- Olive oil
- Spices: chili powder, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Sriracha ranch sauce
For the slaw
- 5-6 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds salmon, skin removed
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Sriracha Ranch Sauce
- Fresh limes and chopped cilantro, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the slaw. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a large baking sheet with olive oil. Place salmon on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the salmon with lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic salt, cayenne, salt and pepper. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over salmon. Roast for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through and flaky. Break salmon into large chunk.
- Fill warm tortillas with salmon and slaw mixture. Drizzle with sriracha ranch sauce and serve with fresh limes and chopped cilantro for garnish, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 417 Total Fat: 118g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 108g Fiber: 17g Sugar: 79g Protein: 33g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Spicy Ranch Chicken Tacos
Breaded popcorn chicken is tossed in a spicy, creamy Ranch sauce, then served in tortillas with lettuce, onions, and shredded cheese in this tasty taco the whole family will love.Get the Recipe
Baked Chipotle Ranch Chicken Tacos
Crispy tacos shells are filled with chipotle ranch seasoned chicken and cheese, then baked and filled with your favorite taco toppings in this easy, crowd-pleasing dinner.Get the Recipe
Spicy Baja Shrimp Tacos
Breaded shrimp is coated in a creamy, spicy sauce, then served in warm tortillas with tangy coleslaw and green onions. A quick week night meal that will make you feel like your eating at your favorite taco truck!Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos
Pork is slow cooked until tender, then shredded and served in tortillas with a sweet and spicy sauce and simple cabbage slaw in these unique and delicious tacos.Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos
Slow cooked shredded pork is seasoned with Caribbean spices and served in tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.Get the Recipe
Ranch BLT Pasta SaladContinue Reading
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food Network