CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN — Chicken breasts are browned then cooked in a creamy sauce with fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes. An easy but elegant dish the whole family will love!
If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for delicious new ways to prepare chicken breasts, and this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is definitely a recipe you’ll want to add to your collection.
I mean, just look at that savory, creamy sauce, loaded with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs!
Best of all, it will take you about 30 minutes to make this dish, but it looks like something you’d get in a restaurant. Easy but elegant meals are my favorite!
I almost always have chicken breasts in my freezer, but if you’re more of a chicken thigh person, those will work just as well in this dish.
But whatever you do, don’t skip the sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs. This is one time you don’t want to substitute dried herbs. The fresh thyme, and especially the fresh basil are part of what makes this chicken so amazing.
Obviously, you’re going to want to enjoy all of that creamy, delicious sauce. So I highly recommend serving this with some pasta, rice, or even slices of crusty bread to sop up all that saucy goodness.
My husband is always telling me that he doesn’t like sun-dried tomatoes, but he didn’t seem to have any problems with them in this dish. In fact, he couldn’t stop raving about it.
My kids loved it too, and this is definitely a chicken breast recipe that’s nice enough to serve company. Actually, I would highly recommend serving this if you want to impress your friends and family.
If you’re looking for an amazing new way to prepare chicken, you’ll definitely want to give this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken a try!
Be sure to save this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Produce: garlic, fresh thyme, fresh basil
- Chicken broth
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bone chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and sear in hot oil until golden, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes to skillet and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, turning to coat with sauce.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, 18 to 20 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped basil before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Delish