BALSAMIC ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO PASTA — Cherry tomatoes are roasted in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasonings, then tossed with linguine, Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, in this impossibly easy, restaurant quality dish.
This Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta is one of those dishes that is so easy to make, it’s hard to believe it could taste so good. But the truth is, it tastes amazing!
And aside from the fresh tomatoes and basil, you probably have all the ingredients on hand in your pantry or refrigerator right now.
All you do is toss some cherry tomatoes with olive oil, vinegar and seasonings, then pop it all in the oven for about 30 minutes. Almost totally hands-off preparation.
It’s so easy. And so, SO delicious!
The juices from the roasting tomatoes meld together with the balsamic vinegar and the result is a truly decadent, flavorful sauce. At the same time, the whole dish is also light and refreshing.
If you have a bunch of cherry tomatoes in your refrigerator that aren’t going to last much longer, this is definitely the perfect way to use them up.
Even if you don’t use the sauce right away, you can store it in the refrigerator for a few days and reheat it when your ready to devour it. The tomatoes also make a great bruschetta style topping with some slices of crusty bread.
This is one of those week night dishes that I know I can always throw together, even if I’m exhausted and don’t have lots of time.
Be sure to save this Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Produce: cherry tomatoes, basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Linguine or other long pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- 24 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces linguine or other long pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir to coat well.
- Spread the tomatoes into a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are wilted and pan juices have started to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add to a large bowl.
- When tomatoes are ready, add to pasta, along with all of the pan juices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat well.
- Garnish with fresh basil and additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from A Spicy Perspective