CHEESY CHICKEN CURRY CASSEROLE — This cheesy, comforting casserole is made with cooked rice, shredded cheese, and tender shredded chicken in a creamy curry sauce. Add broccoli or other veggies for a complete meal.
I first tried this Cheesy Chicken Curry Casserole when my friend Trisha brought it to a church potluck. As soon as I tasted it, I knew I had to have the recipe!
And apparently I wasn’t the only one, because Trisha got so many requests, she ended up emailing the recipe to the entire congregation. I think it’s safe to say everyone loved it.
When I first asked Trisha for the recipe, she confessed that it was sort of just “in her head” and she didn’t have anything formal written down.
So this is her best attempt, and mine, and putting the instructions for making this delicious dish into written form. Which means if you want to add a few of your own adjustments–it’s that kind of a recipe.
Consider this version a basic starting point, and don’t be afraid to add more or less seasonings, or to throw in some vegetables for a complete one-dish meal.
When I first tried Trisha’s version of this recipe, it was loaded with broccoli, which I loved. However, I knew some people at my house wouldn’t go for broccoli, so I kept the recipe basic and served the broccoli on the side.
Which was a good call, because without the broccoli, my youngest devoured this casserole and went back for multiple servings. And the rest of us still got to enjoy our veggies.
Granted, this is not a traditional use of curry. It’s a very American way to use curry. But boy is it ever satisfying!
Even my husband, who isn’t a fan of curry, enjoyed this Cheesy Chicken Curry Casserole. It’s part of the regular menu rotation at our house now. I’m so glad Trisha shared her recipe!
Be sure to save this Cheesy Chicken Curry Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Chicken Curry Casserole
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cheddar cheese
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together rice and chicken. Stir in both soups, mayonnaise and milk; mix well. Add desired amount of curry powder and stir to combine.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more, or until casserole is bubbly and top is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 891mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend Trisha