CONFETTI CORN WITH ORZO — Orzo pasta is combined with corn, peppers and savory seasonings in this easy, colorful side dish that’s perfect with almost any meal.
I often find myself what kind of side dish to serve with dinner. This Confetti Corn with Orzo is always a good answer!
I don’t know what it is about orzo, but my kids love the stuff! Even when I mix it up with a bunch of vegetables that they normally wouldn’t touch, they love it.
So this easy pasta and veggie dish shows up often at my house. First, it’s a snap to get this simple side on the table, and it’s a great way to get my boys to eat some vegetables.
During the summer, when fresh corn is in season, I often use that instead of frozen and the dish is even better. Of course, you can subtract and add other vegetables too, but corn and peppers are a great place to start.
Frozen peas, shredded carrots, diced zucchini, and even celery are great additions. Just another reason to love this recipe–it’s super versatile and is a great way to use up what’s in the refrigerator or garden.
You can use rice in this recipe if you don’t have orzo handy. Just note that rice will take at least twice as long to cook as orzo, so if you want to get dinner on the table, definitely go with the orzo.
I like to toss in a handful of fresh chopped parsley just before serving, but again, you can definitely substitute other fresh herbs–chopped basil is another favorite of mine.
If you ever find yourself stumped over what to serve with dinner, it’s a good bet this Confetti Corn with Orzo is the answer. It’s versatile and delicious and sure to become a family favorite!
Be sure to save this Confetti Corn with Orzo recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Confetti Corn with Orzo
- Produce: red bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, parsley
- Frozen corn
- Olive oil
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper, jalapeno and onion in olive oil until just tender. Stir in corn, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain orzo and add to skillet. Stir in lemon juice and fresh parsley and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home