COPYCAT CRUMBL SUGAR COOKIES — These giant soft sugar cookies with pink frosting taste just like the Crumbl version, and they’re so easy to make a home. Serve chilled for best flavor!
If you have a Crumbl Cookie shop where you live, you know how amazing their sugar cookies are. And now you can make them at home with this recipe for Copycat Crumbl Sugar Cookies!
Of all the cookie options available at Crumbl cookies, the sugar cookie, with it’s pretty pink frosting, is my all-time favorite. So I knew I had to try making them myself.
These cookies are huge, just like the Crumbl version. And when I say huge, I mean GIGANTIC! That’s why, once the frosting has set, I like to pop half the batch in the freezer to enjoy later.
There are a few secrets to this copycat recipe. First, there’s the almond extract. Don’t leave that out, or your cookies won’t have the same flavor as the original.
Second, be sure not to overbake your cookies. That way they’ll stay soft and delicious, just like the real thing. Finally, for the true Crumbl sugar cookie experience, these cookies should be served chilled.
The signature pink frosting is also part of the whole Crumbl experience. But if you choose not to color your frosting, it won’t change the flavor of these cookies at all.
Just be sure not to bake too many cookies on one baking sheet. I usually bake six at a time. Any more than that and these massive cookies are going to end up morphing into one giant cookie.
Honestly, this recipe is pretty dangerous, because these cookies are pretty hard to resist. So plan to share with your friends and neighbors!
If you prefer to make a smaller cookie, that’s definitely an option. And you’ll get twice as many cookies from the recipe! And be sure to check out my Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe too.
Even if you’ve never had a Copycat Crumbl Sugar Cookie, your going to fall in love with this recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Copycat Crumbl Sugar Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Copycat Crumbl Sugar Cookies
- Granulated sugar
- Almond exract
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Pink food coloring
For the cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the baking powder and salt and mix to combine. Gradually add the flour, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Roll 1/4 cup of dough into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass in sugar and flatten the cookie to about 1/2 inch thickness. The sides of the dough should squish out around the bottom of the glass to form an edge. Repeat with remaining dough, placing 6-8 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to brown on the bottom. Do not overbake. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Beat the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the almond extract and salt.
- Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and beat until smooth. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency. Color with pink food coloring, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Crumbl Cookies