CRANBERRY NUT GOAT CHEESE BITES — These mini cheese balls are loaded with flavor, and the perfect addition to any holiday menu. Serve with crackers for a quick and easy, make-ahead appetizer.
If you’re looking for an elegant but quick and easy appetizer to serve this holiday season, look no further than these Cranberry Nut Goat Cheese Bites.
We started a new tradition in our family a few years ago. Instead of a giant holiday dinner that takes hours (sometimes days) to prepare and about 30 minutes to eat, we just put out a spread of hors d’oeuvres and eat all day long.
It’s so much more relaxing for me–the head chef around here–and honestly, I think we all enjoy eating the selection of yummy appetizers even more than the traditional Christmas dinner.
And since these cheese bites are so easy, and can be made ahead, they often show up on our holiday menu!
Pecans are my favorite nut to use in this recipe, but really you could use almost any finely chopped nuts. Walnuts and almonds are great substitutions.
If you have a food processor, that’s the easiest way to finely chop your nuts and cranberries. Finely chopping those ingredients makes coating the goat cheese mixture so much easier.
With the combination of cranberries, nuts and a touch of honey, these little appetizers are the perfect blend of savory, sweet and tangy.
When it comes to holiday entertaining, I’m all about recipes that look fancy, but don’t require a lot of work, and these Cranberry Nut Goat Cheese Bites are simple to make, elegant looking, and delicious!
Be sure to save this recipe for Cranberry Nut Goat Cheese Bites to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Nut Goat Cheese Bites
- Goat cheese
- Cream cheese
- Spices: cinnamon, salt
- Dried cranberries
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- With an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon, salt and honey until light and fluffy.
- In a shallow dish, combine the pecans, cranberries and parsley.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture into a ball, then roll in the cranberry nut mixture. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate cheese balls until ready to serve. Drizzle with additional honey before serving, if desired
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Novice Chef