CREAMY SAUSAGE PESTO RAVIOLI — Ravioli, Italian sausage and fresh cherry tomatoes are smothered in a creamy pesto sauce in this restaurant quality meal that’s sure to get rave reviews.
If you want to impress your family and friends with a restaurant quality meal, serve up this Creamy Sausage Pesto Ravioli. They’ll never know how easy it was to make!
I always keep a package of fresh ravioli on hand for meals like this. It freezes well, and there’s no need to thaw before starting this dish, so it’s a great solution for fast, delicious week night meals.
Of course, you can use frozen ravioli in this recipe too. Really, and kind of filling will work, so go ahead and choose your favorite.
I like to use spicy Italian sausage in this dish, but mild, or even sweet Italian sausage are equally tasty.
One of my favorite pasta sauce secrets is to combine refrigerated or jarred basil pesto (I prefer refrigerated) with an Alfredo-style cream sauce.
Pesto is so loaded with flavor that those two simple ingredients make for an amazing creamy sauce that goes great with any kind of pasta.
To satisfy my hungry boys, I like to serve this with some garlic bread and a nice green salad, but it truly is a one-dish meal that’s easy enough for a week night meal, but fancy enough for a special occasion.
Trust me, this Creamy Sausage Pesto Ravioli will have everyone at the dinner table going back for seconds!
Be sure to save this Creamy Sausage Pesto Ravioli recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Sausage Pesto Ravioli
- Italian sausage
- Produce: garlic, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil
- Chicken broth
- Refrigerated basil pesto
- Refrigerated ravioli
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound refrigerated ravioli
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no longer pink. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add butter to skillet. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook a few minutes more.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and the cream. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring often, until mixture has thickened. Stir in pesto. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the ravioli and tomatoes. Cover the pot and let simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until ravioli is tender.
- Return the sausage to the pan, along with the basil and stir to combine. Season with red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with additional basil and Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 715Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 1204mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from The Cozy Cook