EASY QUINOA CHICKPEA SOUP WITH LEMON — This light, healthy soup is loaded with flavor and ready to eat in just twenty minutes. It’s great for lunch or dinner.
Now that my kids are mostly grown and out of the house, I hate spending too much time making lunch, but this Easy Quinoa Chickpea Soup with Lemon has become one of my favorites.
I love that it’s loaded with healthy, protein packed ingredients like chickpeas and quinoa. It’s filling, yet light and fresh tasting, and only takes me 20 minutes to throw together.
My husband isn’t a fan of chickpeas or quinoa, so I make a big pot of this soup for myself, and freeze it in individual sized portions.
I just love having something homemade and delicious ready to go on a day when I’m busy and don’t want to stop and make lunch.
This soup freezes beautifully and only take a few minutes to heat up in the microwave. And honestly, I’m happy to eat it seven days a week. It’s that good!
With the fresh herbs and lemons, this soup is so light and fresh, I make it throughout the spring and summer. I usually use parsley, but a variety of fresh herbs, like dill and cilantro work well too.
I’ll have to stick with enjoying this soup for lunch all by myself, which might actually be a good thing. I don’t have to share, and there’s more soup for me!
It’s so easy to resort to something pre-packaged and unhealthy for lunch when I’m just cooking for one or two people, but this Easy Quinoa Chickpea Soup with Lemon makes serving a nutritious lunch quick and simple to do.
Be sure to save this Easy Quinoa Chickpea Soup with Lemon recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Quinoa Chickpea Soup with Lemon
- Olive oil
- Produce: onions, garlic, lemons, parsley
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Canned chickpeas
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté a few minutes more.
- Stir in quinoa, chickpeas and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from 500 Best Quinoa Recipes