EASY ROSEMARY FOCACCIA BREAD — This simple, rustic focaccia bread is quick and easy to make, and the possibilities for toppings and mix-ins are almost endless.
This Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread is definitely at the top of my list for simple, homemade bread recipes that go perfectly with almost any meal.
You can even shape it on a parchment lined baking sheet. It won’t be perfectly round, but that’s part of the charm!
Be sure to save this Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 scant cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Stir the sugar into the warm water, then stir in the yeast until dissolved. Stir in salt and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix in 1 cup of flour. Work in the last cup of flour and knead, adding only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your hands and the counter.
- Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic and very soft. Oil the dough and place it in a bowl; cover with a damp cloth and let rest until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan. For a more rustic looking bread, press dough out in a circular shape to about 1-inch thickness and place on greased baking tray.
- Cover and let the dough rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Before baking, make dimples in the bread by gently pressing your fingertips into the dough.
- Drizzle on the remaining olive oil and top with fresh rosemary, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Prep time includes rising.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I pulled this recipe from a Family Fun magazine years ago. It’s still one of our favorites.