EASY SKILLET PIZZA DIP — Seasoned tomato sauce is combined with two kinds of cheese and diced pepperoni, then baked until golden and bubbly. Serve with baguette slices or breadsticks for the perfect party appetizer.
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve at your next party or tailgate, this Easy Skillet Pizza Dip is sure to be a hit!
You can easily make this a gluten-free appetizer by offering some gluten free dipping options. This dip is even tasty with cauliflower. And of course there are tons of gluten-free bread options to try.
Plus, this dip uses just a handful of basic ingredients, and it couldn’t be easier to assemble and bake.
The recipe calls for diced pepperoni, but you can definitely just chop up regular sliced pepperoni. The idea is not to have giant pieces of pepperoni in the dip, for easier dipping and eating.
I’ve actually taken to using mini pepperoni in this recipe, since it’s saves me the hassle of chopping. But really, whatever you have available will work if you just chop it into small pieces.
Feel free to get creative with additions, or leave out the meat altogether for a vegetarian version of this dip. Another reason this dip is always a hit–it’s loved by people of all ages.
This Easy Skillet Pizza Dip is so simple and versatile that it’s sure to become a go-to recipe for all your entertaining needs.
Be sure to save this Easy Skillet Pizza Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Skillet Pizza Dip
- Tomato sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Produce: garlic, fresh basil
- Spices: Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Breadsticks, etc. for serving
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup diced or chopped pepperoni
- Olive oil, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic to a small, ovenproof skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and dollop the ricotta over the sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella and pepperoni on top.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil the pizza dip for an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and sprigs of fresh basil. Serve with breadsticks, baguette slices, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe
Last Updated on 2020-12-05 by Danelle