GERMAN SWEET CHOCOLATE PIE — Chocolate, sweetened cream cheese and whip cream combine in this incredibly easy, decadent cream pie that can be made ahead and kept in the freezer. So easy and so convenient!
My family is very opinionated when it comes to pie, but this German Sweet Chocolate Pie is one we all agree on. It really is one of my all-time favorites!
I used to make this for my grandfather, and we would eat it together! Making this brought back happy memories! Thank you for this! ~ Jennifer
I usually make it for the holidays, but it would also be a great summertime pie. I like to use a chocolate crumb crust, but a regular graham cracker crust, or even a baked pastry-style crust will work.
Sometimes I make my chocolate crumb crust from scratch, and sometimes I buy one that’s premade. Either way, my family devours this pie, and everyone who tries it give it rave reviews.
I’ve also made individual servings of this pie in mini Mason jars. I’m not sure why it is, but people always seem impressed when you serve them their own little dessert.
I love that this pie goes in the freezer to set, so I can make it weeks ahead of time and I have one less thing to prepare for my holiday meal.
I’ve been making this pie for years!! Maybe even decades? It’s delicious and so easy to make. ~ Katy
In fact, I usually make two and keep one in the freezer for another day. Leftover pie should be stored in the refrigerator. Since it does go in the freezer, I make this pie in a regular aluminum pie tin, rather than in glass or ceramic.
This German Sweet Chocolate Pie really is a must make. Once you try it, I’m sure it will become one of your favorites too!
Be sure to save this German Sweet Chocolate Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make German Sweet Chocolate Pie
- Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate
- Cream cheese
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- Chocolate or graham cracker crumb crust
- 4 ounces Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 9-inch graham cracker or chocolate crumb pie crust
- Heat chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted.
- Beat sugar into cream cheese; add remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping and blend until smooth. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and chocolate curls, if desired.
Total time includes freezing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is one of those recipes my mom pulled off the Cool Whip container years ago. It’s been a holiday tradition in our family ever since.