GRILLED BEEF MEATBALL KABOBS — Ground beef is mixed with middle eastern herbs and spices, then shaped into meatballs and grilled, kabob-style. Serve with Tzatziki sauce, for dipping.
These Grilled Beef Meatball Kabobs are one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy ground beef. Especially during the summer grilling months!
We have a favorite Afghan restaurant in town–actually, it’s our favorite restaurant period. Every time we go their, we all clean our plates and wish we’d ordered more.
They’re specialty is kabobs–chicken, steak, shrimp, and ground beef. Their ground beef kabobs were the inspiration behind this recipe. We eat there so often, I figured I should try and make some of their dishes at home.
Granted, the food is amazing, and I know I’ll never fully replicate their intense flavors, but these kabobs are pretty close. Definitely enough to satisfy our cravings.
Some of the herbs and spices in this recipe may seem like unusual additions to ground beef–like fresh mint. But trust me, it all works. And it’s amazingly delicious.
If you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, or don’t want to go to the trouble of arranging your meatballs on skewers, you can simple put them in a pan and bake them in the oven, or brown them in a skillet on the stove top.
If you opt for kabobs, and use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water before you put them on the grill. Otherwise, they will burn to a crisp, and nobody wants that.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it uses simple ingredients, but the end result is as flavorful and tasty as something you’d get in a restaurant, or a street vendor.
My family all gave these Grilled Beef Meatball Kabobs a big thumbs up. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Grilled Beef Meatball Kabobs to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Beef Meatball Kabobs
- Ground beef
- Produce: fresh parsley, fresh mint, fresh thyme, garlic
- Spices: cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, allspice, cayenne, salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tzatziki sauce, for dipping
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined. Shape into 1-inch meatballs. Thread meatballs onto skewers.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times, until beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Serve with tzatziki sauce, for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 679mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 42g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First — This is an original recipe