QUICK NO YEAST FLATBREAD — This easy, delicious flatbread requires no yeast or rising. Fry it up in a skillet for wraps and sandwiches, or serve it as a side with almost any meal.
I was craving naan to go with an Indian meal I was preparing one evening, but I knew I didn’t have time for the required rising, and that’s when I discovered this Quick No Yeast Flatbread.
It was the perfect quick solution, and it was so fast and easy, I’ve made it many times since then.
My family said they couldn’t even tell the difference than this and my naan bread recipe with yeast. To be honest, I can tell the difference, and I do like the version with yeast better.
But this bread was incredibly good, and considering the savings in time and effort, it really is on par with a more complicated recipe.
I mean, whats not to love about soft, savory bread that’s fried in some olive oil until slightly crisp and golden on the outside, but tender on the inside?
The bread still puffs up a bit, and develops a few bubbles during cooking, thanks to the baking soda and powder in the dough.
I seasoned my bread with some salt and garlic powder. But there are so many possibilities for adding unique flavors to this bread.
Fresh minced garlic would be amazing, and so would a variety of fresh herbs. You can mix your seasoning right into the dough, or brush the cooked bread with olive oil and sprinkle on seasoning then.
Or, you could do what I did and do both! The flavor was amazing! Thankfully, knowing my family would love this, I doubled the batch. If you do have leftovers they’re great for wraps or mini pizzas the next day.
If you want to try making homemade naan or flatbread, this Quick No Yeast Flatbread is the perfect recipe to start with. You’re going to love it!
Be sure to save this recipe for Quick No Yeast Flatbread to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Quick No Yeast Flatbread
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Spices: garlic powder, salt
- Olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic salt, for sprinkling on finished bread (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt and garlic powder.
- Add milk and 1 tablespoon of oil to a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir into flour mixture until small lumps form. Turn onto a floured surface and kneed dough until soft and smooth (add more flour as needed). Let dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll or flatten each piece into a flat circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add one tablespoons oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook flatbread until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Add additional oil to skillet as needed.
- Sprinkle finished flatbread with garlic salt or other seasonings, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes