HONEY SOY BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS — Marinated in a soy sauce and honey glaze, these tender, flavorful roasted chicken drumsticks are loved by kids and adults alike.
If there’s one chicken dish I fix that’s a hit no matter when I serve it, it’s got to be these Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks.
I don’t know what it is a about a drumstick–probably the handheld convenience–but everyone seems to love them. So why not serve just the drumsticks, since that’s the piece of chicken everyone fights over.
And when you marinate this chicken (preferably overnight) in the sweet and spicy honey and soy sauce mixture, the result is tender, juicy chicken with a crispy golden skin.
Not only does everyone love this dish, it’s so easy to prepare. Just mix up the marinade, pour it over the chicken, wait a few hours, then put everything in a baking dish and roast to perfection.
Although I do suggest lining your pan with lightly oiled aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
I just love the versatility of these drumsticks! The flavors are simple enough for kids to enjoy, but sophisticated enough for grown ups with more discerning palettes.
These drumsticks work whether your having guests for a nice sit-down dinner, served with roasted vegetables or potatoes. But they also work for more casual occasions, like a neighborhood potluck with a side of macaroni salad.
Of course, as with any marinade, things can be adjusted to suit your tastes, so feel free to add a little more (or less) of this or that to the recipe.
And yes, this marinade also works great for chicken thighs and even chicken breasts, and is an excellent way to prepare grilled chicken too.
Just keep some chicken drumsticks in your freezer and you can serve these Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks any time. They’re destined to become a family favorite!
Be sure to save this recipe for Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lime juice
- Spices: ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- 4-5 pounds chicken drumsticks
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large zip-top bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Pour over the chicken and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, but preferably 8, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking dish or roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer drumsticks, along with marinade, to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and dark golden brown. Serve with pan juices.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Craving Tasty