JALAPENO POPPER PINWHEELS — These spicy, cream cheese filled pinwheel appetizers have all of the flavors of a jalapeno popper, including the bacon!
Tortilla pinwheels are one of my favorite appetizers, unless I can have a jalapeno popper, which is why I decided to combine these two delicious snacks into these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels.
There are so many different fillings you can add to tortilla pinwheels–they’re so versatile–and this one has all the flavors of a jalapeno popper.
We’re talking cream cheese, cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeno, and of course, crispy bacon bits. I also add some Ranch dressing mix for extra flavor.
Whether we’re entertaining friends or hosting a game day party, these cream cheese filled snacks are always a hit.\
Plus, I really love the fun spiral design. A few tips on keeping your pinwheels neat while you slice them: refrigerate them for an hour or so before you cut them, and use a serrated knife for best results.
If you want your pinwheels to be extra spicy, leave the seeds in your jalapenos. If you seed the jalapenos, the pinwheels will have just a hint of heat, and even kids enjoy them.
I do recommend sticking with cheddar cheese, mainly because it adds a great pop of color when you slice your pinwheels.
These are best served they day they are made, or the tortilla starts to get a little soggy. But you can definitely mix up the filling ahead of time. Just stir in the bacon at the end to keep it crispy.
And although any kind of tortilla will work, I like to use the green spinach wraps in a nod to the color of a jalapeno pepper.
If you need a quick and easy recipe for a party snack or game day treat, these Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are always a hit!
Be sure to save this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- Tortillas or wraps
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Ranch seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoon Ranch seasoning mix
- 3 large spinach wraps or tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, diced jalapeno, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and Ranch seasoning. Mix until fully combined.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture among the wraps or tortillas and spread in an even layer to the edge. Roll the pinwheels up tightly and place seem side down on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice into 1-inch pieces before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe