MAPLE BROWN SUGAR TURKEY BREAST — Turkey breast is basted with a sweet and savory maple and brown sugar glaze, then roasted until tender and juicy. Such an easy, delicious way to prepare your Thanksgiving turkey!
If you’re looking for a simple but delicious way to serve your turkey this Thanksgiving, this Maple Brown Sugar Turkey Breast is an easy but elegant solution that will be the centerpiece of your holiday table.
Even my husband, who isn’t a huge fan of turkey, kept commenting on how delicious it was, and happily went back for seconds!
With this easy turkey recipe and some help from my local Safeway store, I’ll be able to serve a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner this year, without spending all day in the kitchen!
You’ll find everything you need for a delicious holiday spread at your neighborhood Safeway store, including turkeys, pies, breads and rolls, plus all the fresh produce and other ingredients you need to make your family’s favorite side dishes.
I usually do all of the Thanksgiving cooking and baking for my family, and over the years, I’ve learned to rely on my Safeway bakery for things like pies and rolls.
They always offer a variety of high quality rolls and holiday pies, and not baking everything from scratch saves me so much time…..and sanity!
I do enjoy making our traditional Thanksgiving side dishes from scratch, including stuffing and potatoes, and Safeway has everything I need to make a complete holiday meal!
Stuffing is my personal favorite when it comes to Thanksgiving sides, but the rest of my family loves potatoes, whether mashed or roasted. And if we have relatives joining us, I like to include a sweet potato side dish too.
I also like to include a non-starchy vegetable on my Thanksgiving menu, like green beans or roasted carrots. No matter what’s on your Thanksgiving menu, the produce department at Safeway has all the fresh in-season produce to make delicious holiday sides.
Things might look a little different for Thanksgiving this year, but however you are planning to celebrate, Safeway has got you covered.
And if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed this holiday season, you can save time and order your entire Thanksgiving meal ahead online here: Order ahead. Simply order online, pick up at the store and re-heat when ready to serve.
Here are a few more tips to make this Thanksgiving stress-free:
TIPS FOR A STRESS-FREE THANKSGIVING DINNER
- Shop early for any essentials and items that can be stored early, such as spices and seasonings, stuffing mixes, turkey (which you can keep in the freezer, and ingredients for pie crusts and baked goods.
- If you decide to do your Thanksgiving shopping in-store this year, shop during the business hours when the stores tend to be quieter.
- If you’re not sure about the cut of meat (or the amount) you should serve, ask your butcher for help! Place any custom order with your butcher ahead of time to ensure you have a stress-free, delicious Thanksgiving.
- Prepare everything you can in advance–pies, stuffing and other sides, rolls, and even mashed potatoes can all be made a day or two in advance.
- Remember, your family and friends care most about spending time with you, so don’t stay in the kitchen all day. Make sure to relax and spend time with your loved ones.
You really can have a relaxing, stress-free Thanksgiving, especially with easy recipes like this Maple Brown Sugar Turkey Breast and a little help from your local Safeway store.
And Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
- 1 turkey breast (any size, bone in or boneless)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub the turkey breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast in a roasting pan and cook according to weight and package directions until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, sage, thyme, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly.
- About one hour before turkey is done, begin basting with glaze, about every 20 minutes. If desired, brush turkey with glaze on final time after removing from oven.
- Let turkey stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find quality Thanksgiving essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.