PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE SWIRL PIE — Pumpkin pie and cheesecake come together in this beautiful swirled holiday dessert.
I’m a huge pumpkin pie fan, so I’m always looking for new ways to make traditional pumpkin pie. And this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie is one of my favorites!
And I just love how pretty this pie is. It’s sure to get a lot of compliments (for the taste and the appearance) at your holiday gathering.
Thanks to the cheesecake swirl, this pie even goes over well with people who don’t like traditional pumpkin pie, like my husband.
He loves cheesecake though, so this dessert was hard for him to resist.
Besides looking fabulous and tasting delicious, this pie is also easy to make. Especially if you use refrigerated pie crust dough. That’s what I do, and nobody ever knows the difference.
Just be sure on the first baking of your crust to use pie weights (or rice or beans) so the crust won’t slide right down the side of your baking dish. Don’t forget to line your crust with parchment paper first!
It’s also helpful to line the edge of your crust with foil during baking, or use a pie crust shield, so the edges don’t burn.
This is such a beautiful pie, with it’s pumpkin and cream cheese swirl design, I’m planning to serve it for Thanksgiving in place of the usual pumpkin pie.
And yes, even with the cream cheese swirl, I like to top mine with a dollop of homemade whipped cream!
Be sure to save this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie
- Refrigerated pie crust
- Cream cheese
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- Canned pumpkin
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 11 ounces cream cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute the edges. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture in a small bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, eggs and pumpkin to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Stir cream into reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife to create a marbled design.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until pie is set. Cool 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 111mg Sodium: 240mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Protein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker