NO-BAKE BLACK FOREST COOKIES — Sweetened cream cheese and cherry pie filling are sandwiched between store-bought chocolate wafer cookies, then finished off with a drizzle of chocolate ganache. So easy, and so good!
If you’re looking for a ridiculously easy, amazingly delicious treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings, you must make these No-Bake Black Forest Cookies!
I figured these would be good, but I didn’t expect them to be SO good. Honestly, they’re kind of irresistible. As in, it’s really hard to eat just one.
I used Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers for this recipe. It’s really the only ready-made chocolate wafer cookie I’m aware of. But if your store carries a different brand, I’m sure they’d work just as well.
We all agreed these sandwich cookies tasted better, and were easier to eat after they’d spent some time in the refrigerator. For starters, they taste best cold.
And the chocolate cookie softens a bit the longer they sit. Which might seem like a bad thing…..but in this case, it’s not. At least we didn’t think so.
The softer, refrigerated chocolate wafers were very similar to the chocolate cookie part of an ice cream sandwich, which we preferred to the crispier, just-made cookie sandwiches. And who doesn’t love ice cream sandwiches?
I used almond extract to flavor the cream cheese, because I love the flavor, but vanilla will work too. And you’ll probably have some extra pie filling in your can–save it for ice cream, or just eat it with a spoon!
These pretty little cookies are part cherry pie, part cheesecake, and part chocolate covered cherry, all wrapped up in a fun-to-eat package. You can whip these up in a matter of minutes, and impress all your friends and family.
Really, you’ve got to try these No-Bake Black Forest Cookies! Trust me (and my houseful of hungry boys), you’re going to love them!
Be sure to save this No-Bake Black Forest Cookies recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No-Bake Black Forest Cookies
- Cherry pie filling
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Almond extract
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 oz.) package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture onto a chocolate wafer cookie. Top with about 2 teaspoons cherry pie filling, followed by another cookie, to form a sandwich. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat cream in the microwave, or in a small saucepan, until just boiling around the edges. Pour over chocolate chips, and whisk until smooth and shiny. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home