ONE POT YELLOW CHICKEN AND RICE — The whole family will love this simple but delicious chicken and rice casserole that bakes up in a 9×13 pan for easy clean-up. Sure to become a go-to recipe for busy week nights.
There’s nothing I love more than a quick and easy one-pot meal like this One Pot Yellow Chicken and Rice. The whole family loves it, and I’m not left with a sink full of dirty dishes!
This is the kind of dish I can throw together at the end of a long day, and I always have the ingredients on hand in my pantry and freezer.
Basically, this hearty and satisfying one-dish meal is a win-win for everybody!
The secret to this recipe cooking up so quickly is cutting the chicken into bite-sized chunks, rather than using whole chicken pieces.
This dish literally takes about 5 minutes to put together, and it cooks up in about 35 minutes. And like I said, you’ll only have one pan to wash. Dinner really doesn’t get any easier.
The rice in this recipe gets it’s beautiful yellow color from turmeric. Technically you could probably leave it out if you don’t have any handy, but it really does make the dish so much more appealing.
I also like to stir in a handful of chopped green onions just before serving for a bit of extra flavor and color. A handful of fresh chopped herbs would be lovely as well.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious dinner solution that’s perfect for any night of the week, you’re going to love this One Pot Yellow Chicken and Rice.
Be sure to save this One Pot Yellow Chicken and Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make One Pot Yellow Chicken and Rice
- Produce: lemon, garlic, green onions
- Spices: garlic powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lemon juice, spices, oil and garlic. Mix well to coat chicken.
- Add the rice in an even layer to the prepared pan. Arrange the chicken pieces over the rice. Carefully add the broth around the chicken. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes more, or until any remaining liquid is absorbed. Stir in green onions before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 699mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Dinner Done