PERFECT ANTIPASTO PLATTER — Loaded with a variety of meats, cheeses and vegetables, then drizzled with Italian dressing and spices, this antipasto platter is the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Whenever I’m in doubt about what to serve at a holiday party–or any party–I always opt for this easy but impressive Perfect Antipasto Platter.
Served alongside a big platter of different crackers or Italian bread, guests can help themselves to the things they like best. Even kids will find something to like about this fun and fancy appetizer platter.
Plus, your gluten-free guests can just skip the crackers and still have plenty of options to choose from.
Like I said, it’s hard to go wrong here, and there are really no limits or rules to which meats and cheeses you choose to include. And this antipasto platter looks beautiful and impresses everyone too!
If I’ll be serving adults and kids, I usually don’t get too adventurous with my meat and cheese options–cheeses like cheddar, Colby Jack, or pepper jack are perfect for all ages.
And meats like ham, salami and pepperoni are usually liked by everyone. If I’ll be serving more of an adult crowd, I add in cheeses like Munster or Gruyere, and meats such as prosciutto , sopprassetta and capocollo or soppressata.
Once you’ve chosen all of your meats, cheeses and veggies, you simply arrange them on a large platter, then drizzle everything with Italian dressing and sprinkle with herbs.
This platter can also be made several hours ahead of time, which is always a bonus during the busy holiday season.
If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer to serve this holiday season–or for any special occasion–look no further than this Perfect Antipasto Platter.
Be sure to save this Perfect Antipasto Platter recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Perfect Antipasto Platter
- Variety of cured meats and cheeses
- Produce: lettuce, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
- Spices: garlic salt, dried oregano
- Italian dressing
- Pepperoncini peppers
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound sliced salami
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, cubed or sliced
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed or sliced
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup whole black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Italian bread or crackers, for serving
- Wash and dry lettuce and arrange on a large platter.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each of garlic salt, dried oregano and about 1/4
cup of Italian dressing.
- Roll up ham, pepperoni and salami and arrange around outside edge of platter. Fill center of platter with cubed or sliced cheeses, mushrooms, olives, peppers and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining garlic salt, oregano and desired amount of Italian
dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Italian bread or crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1268mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes