BUFFALO RANCH CHEX PARTY MIX — Traditional Chex Party Mix gets a spicy twist with the addition of Buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning. Perfect for game day snacking!
I can’t resist a big bowl of Chex Party Mix. So it’s no surprise I loved this Buffalo Ranch Chex Party Mix. My boys, who are fans of anything with Buffalo sauce, say they like it even more than the original!
My favorite thing to add to any snack mix is Bugles. But you can certainly stick to the more traditional ingredients. Or change things up and add some of your favorites. Just make sure the total amount of cereal, nuts, crackers, etc. is the same.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and add some of your favorites to the mix!
If you don’t like a lot of heat, don’t worry, this really isn’t overly spicy. If you like more heat, I suggest adding some cayenne pepper to the butter mixture.
This savory, spicy snack mix is the perfect thing to have on hand for game day, or any get together. It’s the sort of thing people can’t resist, and I love that it can be made several days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container.
This is a fairly large party mix, but with all the hungry boys at my house, it just disappears so quickly. But if you’re not feeding a bunch of hungry teenagers, you can always half the recipe.
You will need a large roasting pan, or two sheet pans, to make the recipe as is. I often double the recipe and make it in my electric turkey roaster–same time and temperature as the oven.
Just stir it more often and keep an eye on it as it tends to brown more quickly in the turkey roaster. But it’s a great way to make a LOT of snack mix!
This Buffalo Chex Party Mix will definitely be on the regular rotation on game day around here! Hope you love it as much as we do!
What Should I Serve with Buffalo Ranch Chex Party Mix?
Baby carrots, celery sticks and Ranch dressing or dip are always great accompaniments to any Buffalo flavored fare. When I’m entertaining on game day, I like to include some warm appetizers along with my snack mixes and other cold appetizers.
These are some of my favorite warm appetizers to serve on game day:
- Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- Chorizo Bacon Queso
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sausage Dip
Be sure to save this Buffalo Ranch Chex Party Mix recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for making Buffalo Ranch Chex Party Mix
- My hot sauce of choice for this recipe is Frank’s RedHot, but if you have a favorite brand, that will work just as well.
- For an extra spicy snack mix, add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (or both) to the butter mixture.
- Serve snack mix in disposable paper or plastic cups, or even cute popcorn boxes. Then people can walk around and mingle more easily while they enjoy their snacks.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Buffalo Ranch Chex Party Mix
- Chex cereals
- Mixed nuts
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Celery seed
- Ranch dressing mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups cheese Cheez-it crackers
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 3 cups Bugles
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a very large bowl, mix cereals, crackers, pretzels, Bugles and nuts; set aside.
- In a large roasting pan, combine melted butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed and ranch dressing mix. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home