PINK STRAWBERRY POPCORN — Made with white chocolate and freeze-dried strawberries, this sweet and slightly tart popcorn is perfect for any occasion that calls for pink!
I’m seeing the Barbie movie this weekend with a group of girlfriends and I wanted to bring along a themed treat. Cue the Pink Strawberry Popcorn.
This pretty pink popcorn is perfect for any occasion that calls for pink, including movie night’s, girl’s nights, baby showers, and bachelor parties.
But don’t wait for a special occasion to make it, because it only takes about 15 minutes to whip up a batch of this popcorn. Even less time if you buy your popcorn already popped.
And you just need three ingredients–popcorn (of course), white chocolate, and freeze-dried strawberries.
You’ll also need an extra large bowl and a couple of wooden spoons. That’s it! It’s so easy and so yummy. Maybe even a little addictive.
Freeze dried strawberries actually have a lot of the same nutritional benefits as fresh strawberries, like iron and potassium. Plus no fat. Not that I’m promoting this as a healthy treat, by any means, but you could definitely do worse.
With the white chocolate coating, the flavor reminds me of strawberries and cream. What’s not to love about that? Honestly, I’m glad I had plans to share, because I could have eaten the whole batch.
Want to try different flavors? Just use different varieties of freeze-dried fruit. I’m making a batch of peach popcorn next!
Next time you have a reason to celebrate pink, or you’re just craving a sweet treat, whip up a batch of this Pink Strawberry Popcorn. Happy snacking!
Be sure to save this Pink Strawberry Popcorn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pink Strawberry Popcorn
- White chocolate
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 3 ounces freeze-dried strawberries
- Add the popcorn to a very large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate at 50% power for about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Return to microwave in 15 second increments, if needed, to melt completely.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries to a food processor and process on high until a fine powder forms; set aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and toss with two large wooded spoons to coat completely. Add half of the strawberry powder and toss to coat.
- And the remaining half of the strawberry powder and mix well. Spread onto a large, parchment lined baking sheet to dry. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe