SHEET PAN CHICKEN QUESADILLAS — Baked in a sheet pan, this giant quesadilla is loaded with chicken and cheese, all in a crispy tortilla crust. Perfect for parties, game-day and feeding a crowd!
If you’ve ever wondered what to feed a crowd–or a couple of teenage boys and their friends–then you need the recipe for these Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas!
My husband and kids like to call this “the giant quesadilla,” and it really is HUGE! Which makes it perfect for a large family, a game-day party, or a gathering of teenagers.
And of course, you can mix up the fillings to suit your tastes. I’ve made this recipe with just cheese filling, and I’ve also added black beans and corn to the chicken filling for an even heartier meal.
The possibilities are pretty endless, especially if you always keep a stash of large flour tortillas in your refrigerator or freezer.
Note that you will need two sheet pans for this recipe. One for actually baking the quesadilla, and one for setting on top while the quesadilla bakes–it’s what allows the quesadilla to get crispy and brown on both the top and the bottom.
Just be sure to use the extra large sized flour tortillas (the 10 inch size) so the quesadilla fills the entire pan. The brand I buy has them labeled as burrito tortillas.
The great thing about making one big quesadilla–besides the fact that it’s so much easier than making lots of individual quesadillas–is that you can cut whatever size portions you need.
Which means you can serve this Tex-Mex dish as a meal, or cut it into smaller pieces to serve as an appetizer. It’s versatile, easy, delicious and fun!
If you ever need to feed a large crowd, or even a small army, these Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are definitely the way to go. Don’t forget to serve your favorite taco toppings and salsas on the side too!
Be sure to save this recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas
- Flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Taco seasoning
- Canned diced chilies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 1 tortilla at each end of the sheet pan so that half of the tortilla is on the pan and half is hanging over the edge. Arrange two tortillas on each long side of the sheet pan in the same manner. You should have 6 slightly overlapping tortillas draped along all the edges of the entire sheet pan.
- Place one tortilla directly in the center of the pan. The pan should be completely covered. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the tortilla layer in the pan.
- Combine the chicken, taco seasoning and diced chilies in a large bowl. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the cheese layer. Top the chicken evenly with the remaining cheese.
- Place a tortilla in the center of the sheet pan, over the toppings. Fold over the tortillas along the edges so they overlap the tortilla in the center. The entire pan should now be filled with on large, rectangular quesadilla.
- Spray the top of the quesadilla with non stick cooking spray. Place a second sheet pan over the quesadilla and press down gently. Leaving the second sheet pan on top, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the quesadilla is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Cut the quesadilla into squares and serve with your favorite taco toppings--sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 617mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Pioneer Woman.