SIMPLE GRILLED STEAK TACOS — Skirt steak is seasoned and grilled to perfection, then loaded into tortillas along with all your favorite taco toppings in this super simple but satisfying meal.
These Simple Grilled Steak Tacos are the perfect example of how high-quality, fresh ingredients don’t need a lot of extras to create a delicious, tasty dinner.
The toppings you add are all up to you, and the possibilities are endless, but I definitely recommend something light and fresh, like guacamole, homemade pico de gallo, lime wedges, and chopped fresh cilantro.
I’ve included a quick and easy recipe for Mexican crema, which is my family’s favorite sauce to enjoy on these grilled steak tacos. This stuff is amazing on lots of things, but especially on these tacos.
This dish is so easy to make, and I don’t have to turn on the oven, so it’s become one of our favorite casual summer time meals.
If you can’t find skirt steak at your local supermarket, or want to use a less expensive cut of meat, hanger steak is a great subsitition.
I recommend seasoning your meat as far ahead as possible before cooking it, and letting it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before putting it on the grill.
Just be sure to slice your meat against the grain when you cut it up to fill your tacos. Honestly, dinner doesn’t get much easier than this, and of course, my husband and boys absolutely love anything with steak.
I actually like to keep some flank steak in the freezer, because I know this is a meal I can put together at the last minute that requires very little prep or cooking time.
Just make sure you’ve got all your favorite taco toppings on hand and you can serve up these Simple Grilled Steak Tacos any time!
Be sure to save this recipe for Simple Grilled Steak Tacos with Mexican Crema to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Simple Grilled Steak Tacos with Mexican Crema
- Skirt steak
- Olive oil
- Spices: Montreal steak seasoning, salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Adobo sauce
- Lime juice
- Taco toppings
For the tacos
- 2-3 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Small flour or corn tortillas
- Tacos toppings, such as pico de gallo, salsa, sour cream, lime wedges, chopped cilantro, etc.
For the Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On a large baking sheet, drizzle the skirt steak with olive oil, turning to coat evenly (cut steak into 10-12 inch long sections, if needed). Season with Montreal steak seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place skirt steak on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove from grill and slice steak into thin strips. Serve in warm tortillas with Mexican crema and your favorite taco topping.
- To make the crema: whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe