SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP — All the flavors of your favorite enchiladas come together in this hearty soup made with chicken, corn, beans, chili peppers and tortillas.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup is my new favorite soup recipe, and I think my husband and kids would agree. When I ask for suggestions for dinner, this soup is always on the list of requests.
This soup is so easy to throw together (I like to use a rotisserie chicken) and has so many great flavors.
WOW!! Just made it and it’s pretty amazing in taste and appearance. Our family loves flavorful, not too spicy dishes. My 3 year old said this was “delicious”!!! Thanks for sharing. Our family loved it!! ~ Angela
It’s perfect comfort food for those chilly evenings when you want a hearty meal, but don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking.
The tortilla strips act as a wonderful thickening agent, and really give the soup its chicken enchilada flavor, so don’t leave them out. I like to serve extra tortillas on the side as well.
I really loved this soup! I was only patient enough to cook it for 4 hours. It turned out to be the perfect consistency and had a great, mildly spicy flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe! ~ Jackie
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken stock
- Produce: garlic, fresh cilantro
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Canned diced chilies
- Canned black beans
- Frozen corn
- Tomato paste
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilis
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 large flour tortillas, cut into thin, 2-inch long strips
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional garnishes: crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine everything except the tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. Stir in tortilla strips and shredded cheese. Cook for an additional 1-2 hours on low.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cilantro. Top with additional garnishes and serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.