GRILLED CHICKEN COCONUT CURRY SOUP — Grilling the chicken for this coconut milk based soup adds great flavor. Garnished with fresh cilantro, cashews and pomegranate seeds, it’s a perfect way to welcome fall.
I really love coconut curry soup, and with the grilled chicken, cashews and pomegranates, this Grilled Chicken Coconut Curry Soup is extra special and delicious!
This light, creamy soup is the perfect way to welcome fall. It’s still got plenty of fresh, cool fruit and veggie elements, and the grilled chicken is a nod to outdoor summer cooking.
But it’s also a warm, comforting soup that really hits the spot on a chilly fall evening.
Which also means this is a perfect soup to make right up through those cool spring days. Basically, this is a soup you can enjoy almost year round.
And you should! Because it’s simple to make, and hits the spot any time of year.
If grilling the chicken isn’t an option for you, just cut into into bite-size pieces and sauté it along with the onions. Your soup will still taste amazing.
And the garnishes are, of course, optional. Fresh herbs, green onions, peanuts–they will all work in place of what’s listed in the recipe.
My whole family loves this easy-to-make, Thai-inspired soup. Even my husband who doesn’t like curry! If you really want to make everyone happy, try serving all of the toppings on the side.
Soup weather is just around the corner, and you’ll definitely want this Grilled Chicken Coconut Curry Soup in your recipe collection.
Be sure to save this Grilled Chicken Coconut Curry Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- Dutch Oven
- Cutting Board
- Liquid measuring cups
- Measuring cups and spoons
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Olive oil
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Produce: onion, garlic, spinach, red bell peppers, cilantro, limes, pomegranates
- Chicken stock
- Coconut milk
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Toasted cashews, for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, then slice into strips. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the oil, curry paste, onions and red peppers and cook until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the spinach and garlic and cook for a few more minutes, until spinach is wilted. Stir in the chicken stock, coconut milk and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste,
- Garnish with cilantro, cashews and pomegranate seeds before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 20g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Rustic Joyful Food: Generations