SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN SOUP — Canned black beans, diced tomatoes and green chilies, frozen corn and spices simmer in the slow cooker in this easy, protein packed soup.
I’m a huge fan of black bean soup, because it’s healthy and so easy to make, and this Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is loaded with so many delicious flavors and textures, it’s sure to become a favorite.
If I’m being honest, I’m the only one in my family who likes black bean soup. As far as I’m concerned, everyone else around here just doesn’t realize that they’re missing out.
But I still make this soup often, because it freezes beautifully, and I can stock my freezer with individual servings of soup to enjoy for lunch any day of the week.
I actually like to start this soup in the slow cooker before I head to bed at night, then it’s ready for my lunch the next day. Of course, if you’re planning to serve it for dinner, you’ll want to start it in the morning.
It’s really easy to adjust the heat level of his soup by simply choosing mild, medium or hot Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes and green chilies). You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper for even more heat.
An immersion blender is a handy tool for making this recipe. You can put the blender right into your slow cooker and puree the soup to give it a thick, satisfying texture.
Of course, you’ll want to add the corn after you puree the soup. Unless, of course, you like pureed corn.
This is a hearty, filling soup that will fill you up and satisfy you on even the coldest winter days, and there’s usually plenty for leftovers the next day.
Be sure and add this Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup to your recipe collection. It’s a winning recipe you’ll make again and again.
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- Canned lack beans
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
- Canned diced green chilies
- Produce: garlic, cilantro
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Frozen corn
- 4 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a lightly greased slow cooker, combine beans, diced tomatoes and diced green chilies, garlic, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the bean mixture, leaving some of the beans whole.
- Just before serving, stir in the corn and cilantro. Top with cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, avocado, etc. to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home