SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY BRISKET — This tender, slow cooked beef brisket is served with a savory cranberry glaze, making it the perfect main dish for your holiday dinner.
If you’re looking for something a little different to serve for your holiday dinner this year, I highly recommend this Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket.
The sauce combines canned whole berry cranberry sauce with other savory ingredients that transform an ordinary beef brisket into something special enough to serve for Christmas dinner.
As much as my family loves ham, my husband and boys would prefer a nice beef brisket any day of the week, so I serve this often during the holiday season.
It’s easy enough for every day cooking, but nice enough as the main course for your holiday meal.
I really love how simple it is–preparing a holiday feast can be so much work–and the fact that it’s a slow cooker recipe means I have enough room left in the oven for all my other side dishes.
The slow cooker also ensures the meat comes out juicy and tender. No need to worry about your main dish coming out dry and bland with this recipe.
Of course, the cranberry glaze is what makes this brisket perfect for even the most elegant of holiday meals. It adds beautiful color and the savory but slightly tangy flavor of the cranberries is the perfect accompaniment to the savory brisket.
If you’ve traditionally associated beef brisket with barbecue, like I have, this version will be a pleasant surprise.
It’s especially good served alongside some horseradish infused mashed potatoes and a side of roasted green beans.
Whether you serve it for Christmas dinner or just a regular week night meal, this brisket recipe is a must try this holiday season!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket
- Beef brisket
- Cranberry sauce
- Ginger ale
- Dried cranberries
- Onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (3-4 lb.) beef brisket
- 2 (14 oz.) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) can ginger ale
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place brisket in a lightly greased slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 can of cranberry sauce, ginger ail, dried cranberries, onion soup mix, corn starch and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over brisket. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until brisket is tender.
- Remove brisket to a platter. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, whisk together remaining can of cranberry sauce with desired amount of juices from slow cooker to create a glaze. Slice brisket and serve with cranberry glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 13g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home