SLOW COOKER ITALIAN POT ROAST — Roast beef, mushrooms, carrots and onion, slow cooked in a tomato based sauce with Italian seasonings, then served over noodles.
I love a hearty meat and potatoes (or pasta) kind of meal during the cold winter months, and this Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast is always a hit with my hungry boys. Whenever I serve this easy slow cooker meal, everyone leaves the table satisfied.
I mean, just look at those tender chunks of beef and savory vegetables and you can see why everyone loves this pot roast.
And I love that it uses simple, pantry staples, so I can make a fabulous dinner without an extra trip to the grocery store.
This is the kind of thing I love to have waiting for us on Sunday afternoon when we get home from church. There’s nothing better on a chilly day than coming home to the smell of a delicious meal waiting and ready!
Besides the seasonings, the Italian twist on this roast is that it’s served over pasta, rather than with potatoes. I like to use a wide noodle, like an egg noodle, or pappardelle pasta, because they stand up to the bold flavors of this meal.
And pasta is the perfect accompaniment to the thickened sauce that simmers in the slow cooker with the fork tender meat and veggies.
I’m sure it would be delicious, and equally hearty and heartwarming. And feel free to switch up the vegetables in the recipe with whatever you prefer or have on hand.
This is one of those comfort food recipes that everyone at my house looks forward to. And if you have leftovers, be sure to try these Leftover Pot Roast Patty Melts.
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
- Produce: mushrooms, baby carrots, onion, garlic
- Chuck roast
- Spices: salt and pepper, Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Dry onion soup mix
- Beef broth
- Tomato sauce
- Pappardelle pasta or wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 oz.) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces cooked pappardelle pasta or wide egg noodles
- Lightly grease the bowl of your slow cooker. Add mushrooms, carrots, onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place roast in slow cooker over vegetables. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour beef broth and tomato sauce over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and cut into large chunks. Keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from juices in slow cooker. Whisk in Italian seasoning. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Whisk into juice in slow cooker until smooth.
- Return meat to slow cooker and turn heat to high. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until juices are thickened. Serve over hot cooked noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 868mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Southern Living