SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES — Beef roast is cooked until tender, shredded, and served on crusty sub buns with melted cheese and a side of au jus.
This is the time of year when simple slow cooker meals like these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are a real lifesaver.
If you’ve ever had multiple holiday concerts at different schools on the same night, you know exactly what I’m talking about!
I made this recipe and it was the bomb! Seriously was in love and will absolutely make it again! Thanks! ~ Laura
Those are the days when it’s so nice to have a home cooked meal ready that can be eaten as everyone comes and goes, which is why I love my slow cooker so much!
And it’s always a good idea to have some easy dinner ideas up your sleeve during the busy holiday season. This is one of our all-time favorite sandwiches, so I make it year-round.
There aren’t a lot of fancy ingredients, but the beef and dipping sauce are so flavorful. And then there’s the melted cheese–you can never go wrong with melted cheese!
I made this last night. My husband said it was Excellent! And my husband is pretty sparing with his praise. So just imagine he said it was OUTSTANDINGLY STUPENDOUS. Because it was! ~ Tobi
Not only is this one of the easiest meals in my repertoire, it’s one of the few meals that everyone in my family raves about. And it gets rave reviews from everyone who tries it too.
I always pour the au jus sauce through a fine mesh strainer before serving it with the sandwiches, but that’s just my personal preference.
This is as good as any French Dip you will get at a restaurant. A really good way to use a chuck roast. ~ Scott
You can totally skip that step if you want to. I just have a thing about floaties in my au jus.
I love easy meals like this one that I know will satisfy the whole family. I hope you love these French Dip Sandwiches as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
These were amazing! I couldn’t wait to have the leftovers today! My son even loved them and thanked me for making dinner, and he’s extremely picky! ~ Dawn
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Beef roast
- Onion soup mix
- Au Jus gravy mix
- Beef broth
- Sub buns
- Provolone or Swiss cheese
- 1 (3-4 lb.) beef roast (chuck or rump roasts shred well)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Au Jus gravy mix
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 8 crusty sub buns
- 8 slices Provolone or Swiss cheese
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion soup mix, au jus mix and beef broth. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-7 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker (reserve juices) and shred.
- Preheat broiler. Slice sub buns in half lengthwise and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Top the bottom buns with shredded beef. Top with sliced cheese. Cook sandwiches under broiler until cheese is melted and buns are toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the liquid from the slow cooker into bowls for dipping. If desired, you can strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 1553mg Carbohydrates: 69g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 42g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse.