SLOW COOKER JALAPENO POPPER SAUSAGE DIP — Fresh jalapenos combine with cream cheese, Monterrey jack and spicy sausage in this slow cooker dip that’s perfect for any game day get-together.
The biggest football game of the year is right around the corner, and this Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sausage Dip is the perfect dip to serve at your game day get-together.
There are lots of varieties of this sausage dip recipe out there, but this one includes fresh diced jalapenos, which give it the flavor of a spicy, cheesy jalapeno popper.
This appetizer is so easy to make, so delicious! You just dump everything in the slow cooker and let the cheeses melt and the flavors mingle for a few hours, and you’ll end up with one of the most flavorful dips you’ve ever tried.
Even better, you can mix everything up ahead of time, then simply heat it up in the slow cooker a few hours before your planning to eat.
It really doesn’t get any easier, and whenever I serve this dip, it’s usually the first thing to disappear. So be prepared to get lots of requests for the recipe!
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can also bake this dip in the oven until everything is hot and bubbly–usually 20-30 minutes or so.
My favorite thing to serve with this dip is Fritos Scoops corn chips, but a sturdy tortilla chip works great too! And I always like to include some veggies, like carrot and celery sticks, for a slightly (and I mean very slightly) healthier option.
I don’t find this dip overly spicy, especially if I carefully seed my jalapenos, but if you want to make a milder version, simply swap the hot Italian sausage for mild.
Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies also come in a variety of heat levels, from mild to spicy, so use the one that bests suits your tastes.
Whenever I serve this Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sausage Dip, it’s always a hit. It’s definitely a must make for your game day menu!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sausage Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sausage Dip
- Spicy Italian sausage
- Cream cheese
- Monterrey jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Produce: jalapenos, green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Corn chips or vegetables, for serving
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 sliced green onions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink. Break into crumbles as you cook. Add the sausage to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes and chilies and jalapenos to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours, or until dip is hot and cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in the green onions. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables, for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home