JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN BAKE — This cheesy baked chicken includes all of your favorite jalapeno popper ingredients, including fresh jalapenos and crispy bacon.
If you’re looking for an exciting and flavorful way to prepare chicken, then you’re going to love this cheesy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Bake!
There’s even a layer of buttery, toasted breadcrumbs to really give this dish the look and feel of a classic jalapeno popper. And it’s all baked up in one pan for an easy weeknight meal.
My family couldn’t get enough of this baked chicken. I think my husband commented on how good it was after almost every bite. I mean, what’s not to love about chicken smothered in cream cheese and bacon?
If you’re worried about this dish being too spicy, just be sure to remove all of the seeds from your jalapeno. If you like things spicy, leave some (or all) of the seeds in.
I usually remove all the seeds because I’m not great at handling the heat, but my boys all love spicy foods, so they just eat their portion with a few extras sliced jalapenos on top.
If you’re really in a hurry, you can step the skip of browning the chicken, but it definitely adds more color and flavor. Just be sure to bake your chicken in the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
Of course, you can switch up the colby jack cheese for all cheddar or your favorite variety. And a little extra bacon never hurt either!
If you’re tired of serving and eating the same old chicken breasts for dinner, add some excitement to your menu with this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Bake.
Be sure to save this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Jalapeno Popper Chicken Bake
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Produce: jalapenos, green onions
- Colby jack cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, jalapeno, green onions and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle chicken with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown on top. Garnish with additional green onions, crumbled bacon, and sliced jalapenos, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 648Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 777mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 53g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe