CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE — This easy chicken dish, with a creamy mustard sauce, is on the table in about 20 minutes!
I found this recipe for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen’s of Martha Stewart Living).
It’s my new favorite cookbook. I love it so much I subscribed to Everyday Food magazine!
Made it for dinner tonight–it was amazing. Hubby thought I made a special meal for him. I did–under 30 minutes! Loved it. ~ Cindy
This chicken is a perfect example of the kind of recipes that are featured in the Everyday Food cookbooks and magazine. Quick, simple and delicious. Not to mention, who isn’t looking for new ways to cook chicken breasts?
I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe, which is great for the nights I haven’t really planned anything for dinner and don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out what to cook.
Made this tonight and my family loved it. It was quick easy and fits with eating low carb. Thanks for the recipe. I will make this again. ~ David
It’s not a bad idea to double the sauce, as that gives you plenty for the chicken, plus some left to spoon over a side of rice.
This meal is easy enough for a week night dinner, but fancy enough for company. My favorite kind of recipe! Trust me, this is one chicken dish you’ll be making over and over again!
Be sure to save this Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt and pepper, tarragon or oregano
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth into hot skillet.
- Whisk in the cream, mustard and tarragon or oregano. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
We absolutely loved this recipe! Followed recipe exactly and I served this with rice pilaf and green beans. Thanks so much for posting! Cant wait to make it again! ~ Kelly
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Martha Stewart, in her Everyday Food series of recipes.