GRILLED COLA CHICKEN — Grilled chicken breasts smothered in a cola based barbecue sauce.
I’m always looking for easy grilled chicken recipes to make during the hot summer months, and this Grilled Cola Chicken was a big hit with my family.
I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the cola infused sauce. It’s so bold and flavorful! In fact, this may just be my new favorite way to grill chicken.
We made two batches of the sauce, one with Cheerwine and the other with Pepsi. It was too close to pick a favorite.
Such a refreshing change from the typical Cola BBQ sauce that is overly sweet. ~ Erika
I’m also thinking the amazing barbecue sauce would be great on all kinds of grilled meats. In fact, next time I’m going to double the sauce!
This grilled chicken was simple, full of flavor, and everyone cleaned their plates. Which makes it a winner in my book. With a nice side salad, this quick and easy chicken dish made for a perfect summer meal.
We like to grill year-round, so this one is going into the regular rotation. And the leftovers (if there are any) make some great tacos!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Cola Chicken
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire suace
- Spices: chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper, cumin
- Brown sugar
Grilled Cola Chicken
Grilled chicken breasts smothered in a cola based barbecue sauce.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the cola, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens. Remove 6 tablespoons of sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken. Place chicken on grill and baste with 3 tablespoons of the reserved sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and baste with the remaining 3 tablespoons of reserved sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 38g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Grilling Recipes
Grilled Garlic Herb Potatoes
Potatoes are coated in olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning, then wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill until tender. A great side for almost any meal!
Grilled Caprese Chicken
Chicken breasts are marinated in Italian dressing, then grilled and topped with melted cheese, pesto and tomatoes in this light, delicious dish that's sure to become a summertime favorite.
Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
Chicken is marinated in Greek yogurt and tandoori spices, then skewered and grilled to perfection in this simple, east to make meal.
Grilled Corn with Basil Butter
Fresh corn on the cob is grilled to perfection and slathered in herbed basil butter. The perfect summer side!
Grilled Steak Potato Mushroom Kabobs
Juicy steak, tender potatoes and savory mushrooms are skewered and grilled to perfection!
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce
Fresh peaches are halved then grilled to perfection, then finished off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce and a sprinkling of chopped nuts. The perfect summer dessert!
Copycat Montreal Steak Seasoning
Make your favorite steak seasoning at home. Perfect for grilling beef, chicken and pork, or for seasoning potatoes and vegetables.
Grilled Sesame Chicken Kabobs
Tender chunks of chicken are grilled on skewers with peppers and pineapple, and basted with a sweet and spicy glaze.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Light
I’m making this one soon! As you know, I love all things Cola!
Since we are NC born and raised, it was only fitting to use Cheerwine and Pepsi. We made two batches of the sauce, one with Cheerwine and the other with Pepsi. It was too close to pick a favorite. Such a refreshing change from the typical Cola BBQ sauce that is overly sweet.