SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI — Loaded with tender chicken, beans and green chilies, this hearty, slow cooker chili is a crowd favorite. Perfect for game day or a comforting family dinner.
If you’re anything like me, your slow cooker gets a lot of use this time of year. With soccer practices and school performances almost weekly, I love the convenience of using my slow cooker for satisfying meals like this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
Like many slow cooker recipes, this chili doesn’t need to cook all day, which is why I love my Hamilton Beach Programmable Stay or Go 6 QT Slow Cooker.
I can set it to cook for a specified number of hours and when time is up, it automatically switches to warm until we’re ready to eat.
TWhich means my family can still sit down to a hearty, home-cooked meal in the evening, but I don’t have to worry about dinner over-cooking if soccer practice goes late or I need to run some after-school errands.
he Programmable Stay or Go 6 QT Slow Cooker also has a single clip to secure the lid in place, which makes it easy to transport your food.
In fact, I used my slow cooker to take a big batch of this White Chicken Chili to a Halloween party and potluck last weekend. It was so easy to transport.
And the chili disappeared! Even better, the lid and stoneware are dishwasher safe, so clean-up is a breeze.
I love that this chili is so versatile. You can leave out the chicken for a vegetarian version, or use pork in place of the chicken.
If you’d like to add some extra kick, try pepper jack cheese in place of the Monterrey Jack. My husband (who is not a bean person) usually has seconds!
This is one of my absolute favorite comfort food recipes. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Canned white beans
- Chicken broth
- Canned diced green chilies
- Spices: oregano, salt and pepper, cumin
- Olive oil
- Produce: onion, garlic, fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
- Monterrey jack cheese
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Loaded with tender chicken, beans and green chilies, this hearty, slow cooker chili is a crowd favorite. Perfect for game day or a comforting family dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 4 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place beans, broth, whole chicken breasts, diced chilies, and oregano in a slow cooker. Cover and set slow cooker to low.
- Meanwhile, warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and cumin and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic mixture to slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Remove about 2 cups of chili from the slow cooker and puree in a blender; return the pureed chili to the slow cooker and stir to combine. (Alternately, you can use an immersion blender right in the pot–just be sure to leave some whole beans).
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, along with the sour cream and Monterrey Jack cheese. Just before serving, stir in the cilantro.
Keywords: chicken, chili, beans
This post was sponsored by Hamilton Beach. All opinions are my own.