DILL PICKLE ROAST BEEF (SLOW COOKER) — Roast beef is slow cooked with tangy dill pickles, carrots and onions in this unique but delicious beef dish.
Okay friends, stick with me on this one. I thought Dill Pickle Roast Beef sounded a little odd at first too.
My husband is a huge fan of anything dill pickle, so I figured he’d be on board. He LOVED it! As a matter of fact, the whole family loved it.
But everything is infused with a hint of tangy dill flavor, and it’s just perfect.
Even better, this is so easy! You literally put everything in the slow cooker and walk away. Eight hours later, dinner is served.
You don’t have to eat the pickles at the end, but they were surprisingly good–a bite of roast with a little bit of pickle–it was fabulous!
In fact, one of our favorite things about this meal, besides that actual beef itself, was the pickles. My youngest couldn’t get enough of them.
I honestly wasn’t expecting everyone to love this as much as they did, but I was pleasantly surprised.
So if you love roast beef, and you love pickles, it’s a pretty safe bet you’ll love this tender, slow cooked roast beef. It’s an easy, one-dish meal that takes minutes to put together and leaves everyone feeling satisfied.
Be sure to save this Dill Pickle Roast Beef recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Dill Pickle Roast Beef
- Beef roast
- Produce: baby carrots, red potatoes, garlic
- Spices: pepper, onion powder
- 1 (2-3 lb.) beef roast
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz.) jar baby dill pickles
- Place the roast in a lightly greased slow cooker. Arrange the carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Add the pepper, onion powder and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of pickles (including the juice) over the roast and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until roast is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 193 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 106mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food.com