EASY ALFREDO BAKE — Classic Alfredo sauce is combined with linguine and baked to perfection in this crowd-pleasing recipe!
If you’re looking for a simple, easy dish that the whole family will love, look no further than this Easy Alfredo Bake. It’s ready in just over 30 minutes, and everyone at the table will be going back for seconds!
My 12 year-old gets all the credit for this recipe. Once a month or so I give my boys the chance to plan and help prepare dinner.
Of course, you can probably imagine how the possibilities are endless for adding things like chicken, shrimp and vegetables to this dish. Or using different kinds of pasta.
I love that even with a homemade Alfredo sauce, this was such an easy meal to get on the table, and despite it’s plain and simple appearance, it was SO good!
I think it was the herbs de Provence, which I plan to add to all my Alfredo sauces from now on.
Because this dish is baked briefly at a very high temperature, you get lots of wonderful browning on the top. The crispy edges are my favorite part!
Just add a green salad or some steamed veggies and you’ve got a complete dinner that the will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Be sure to save this Easy Alfredo Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Alfredo Bake
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley
- Chicken broth
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Spices: herbs de Provence, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring until smooth. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Reduce heat and add half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Season with herbs de Provence, nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked linguine and toss to coat well. Transfer the pasta to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 292 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 511mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 14g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Three Cheese Garlic Noodles
Spaghetti is tossed in a creamy garlic sauce with Parmesan, mozzarella and fontina cheese in this easy pasta recipe that even picky eaters love!
Meatball Stroganoff Bake
All the flavors of classic beef stroganoff come together in this delicious pasta filled casserole, made easy with the addition of precooked frozen meatballs. A simple, tasty dinner the whole family will love!
Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with three cheeses and seasonings, then baked in your favorite marinara sauce.
Classic Southern Mac and Cheese
With two kinds of cheese, crispy bacon, and a crunchy breadcrumb topping, this class macaroni and cheese recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
Tender gnocchi pasta with Italian sausage and cheese cooks up in one skillet for a quick and easy meal!
Smoky White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Elbow macaroni is baked in a creamy smoked cheddar and Fontina cheese sauce with fresh thyme, then baked until hot and bubbly in this gourmet-style macaroni and cheese.
Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas
Cheese filled ravioli, diced ham, and peas come together in a creamy sauce for a comfort food style pasta dish that will satisfy the whole family.
Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti
This rich and creamy baked pasta dish features chicken, spinach and spaghetti in a cheesy Alfredo style sauce. It's comfort food the whole family will love.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Yummy Addiction