TROPICAL CHERRY PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE — Yellow cake is filled with cherries and pineapple, then topped with a layer of toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
I love dump cakes! I have yet to try a dump cake I didn’t like, but this Tropical Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is one of my all time favorites!
Like the name implies, you basically dump the ingredients for this cake into a 9 x 13 pan and bake. It’s that easy! In fact, my kids can make this cake with no supervision, that’s how easy it is!
Whipped cream is another great topping, but I definitely recommend adding something sweet and creamy on top.
Macadamia nuts add a tropical crunch to this cake, but sliced or slivered almonds work great too!
If you wanted to go all out, you could make your own cherry pie filling, but I usually use the stuff in a can and it turns out delicious!
Keep an eye on the coconut topping towards the end of the baking time. If needed, you can cover the cake with foil towards the end of baking so the top doesn’t burn.
My family raved about this cake–after they’d all devoured their servings and gone back for seconds! I like to keep all the ingredients on hand so I can throw this in the oven when a dessert craving strikes.
And if you’re headed to a potluck or barbecue, this fruity cake is sure to get rave reviews. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Tropical Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Tropical Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Crushed pineapple
- Cherry pie filling
- Yellow cake mix
- Macadamia nuts
Tropical Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
Yellow cake is filled with cherries and pineapple, then topped with a layer of toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12-16 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In the prepared baking pan, layer undrained crushed pineapple, then cherry pie filling. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the cherries.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix. Top with the coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until brown on top and bubbly. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. May be served warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: tropical, cherry, pineapple, cake
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes