CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BUNDT CAKE — This decadent chocolate peppermint dessert starts with a boxed caked mix, which means it is so easy, but so impressive!
Chocolate and peppermint is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and this Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is sure to be the highlight of any Christmas feast!
It seems that the size of boxed cake mixes is always changing (generally, the box mixes tend to get smaller over time), but don’t worry, this recipe should work just fine regardless of the exact size of your cake mix.
I usually opt for a dark chocolate or fudge cake mix, but regular chocolate, or even Devil’s Food will work just fine. It’s really all of the tasty additions that make the cake.
Especially the decadent chocolate ganache drizzle! I mean, that’s a dessert in and of itself. At least, I’d happily eat it with a spoon.
This recipe is a holiday version of one of the most popular bundt cakes on my site. With the pudding mix and sour cream, this cake always turns out moist, with tons of chocolate flavor.
And no one needs to know how easy it is to make! It tastes even better made a day ahead. Just don’t put it in the refrigerator, as that tends to dry out most cakes.
If you do make this cake ahead of time, I recommend adding the ganache and crushed peppermint topping just before serving. Otherwise the peppermint gets a little soft and chewy.
I also find that Baker’s Joy cooking spray is the best way to ensure my bundt cakes come out of the pan easily. I always apply a generous coating to my bundt pan.
If you’re looking for an extra special holiday dessert that isn’t a lot of extra work, this Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake is a must try!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Chocolate cake mix
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Peppermint extract
- Chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Peppermint candies
For the cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat all cake ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter (it will be thick) into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles just begin to form around the edges.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Pour ganache over cooled cake. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: