CHOCOLATE MOUSSE BROWNIES — Rich chewy brownies, topped with a layer of creamy chocolate mousse and finished off with a drizzle of chocolate.
As a food blogger, I don’t repeat recipes very often. I’ve made these Chocolate Mousse Brownies twice in the last month. Once for my family and once for a crowd of hungry teenagers.
They were a big hit with both groups, and for good reason. They are amazing!
This is my second time making these in 3 weeks. They are SO good! I use a glass 8×8 pan and they turn out great. Thank you for the recipe! ~ Kyleen
The dense, chewy brownies and the light, fluffy chocolate mousse are both fantastic on their own, but together they equal decadent brownie perfection.
And believe it or not, they are really easy to make. The biggest challenge is not eating all the mousse before you put it on the brownies!
This is one of those recipes that will wow your friends and family and make them think you spent hours in the kitchen.
Which is fine…..nobody needs to know how easy these decadent brownies are. Don’t be tempted to use a brownie mix, or a different brownie recipe. Trust me, this brownie recipe is perfect for the creamy mousse topping.
These are super good! I made some for my mum’s police station kitchen, and everyone who ate them said they were amazing! ~Elsie
If you’re looking for an easy but elegant dessert for a special occasion–or just because–these Chocolate Mousse Brownies are for you!
Be sure to save this recipe for Chocolate Mousse Brownies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Chopped chocolate
- Heavy Cream
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
For the mousse:
- 3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Melt butter in a large saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until well blended. Spread brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the mousse by heating marshmallows, chocolate and milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often until completely smooth. Cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spread mousse evenly over cooled brownies. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate, or top with chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Refrigerate brownies for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Keep leftover brownies in the refrigerator (this will also make the brownie layer dense and chewy!).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.
Last Updated on 2020-05-14 by Danelle