TACO PASTA SKILLET — Pasta, ground beef and Tex-Mex flavors come together in this quick and easy dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Anytime I can combine my favorite foods and flavors into one dish, I’m all in! And this Taco Pasta Skillet is one of those recipes!
This hearty pasta dish features all the flavors of your favorite Tex-Mex meal in one skillet! It’s a crowd pleasing dish that even my picky eaters enjoy.
Best of all, it’s so easy to make, and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand.
It’s the perfect quick dinner for those busy week nights where you want to get something on the dinner table, and you’re not in the mood for any complaining about what’s for dinner.
My husband and boys all loved this and went back for seconds, so it’s a keeper in my book!
And almost any kind of pasta will work. My favorites to use in this dish are rotini, penne, or shells. But good old elbow macaroni would be perfect too!
You could even sneak in some diced green peppers or other veggies to really make it a complete meal. Feel free to add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like a little heat.
Which means everyone is happy with the Taco Pasta Skillet is on the menu!
Be sure to save this Taco Pasta Skillet recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Taco Pasta Skillet
- Rotini pasta
- Ground beef
- Produce: garlic, tomatoes, green onions
- Taco seasoning
- Cream cheese
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Half and Half
- Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces rotini or similar pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, tomato, green onion or other taco toppings
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown grown beef until cooked through. Add garlic and taco seasoning mix and cook a few minutes more. Stir in water and simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cook until melted and smooth. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chilies, followed by half and half.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in pasta.
- If desired, top with chopped cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, or your favorite taco toppings before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 514 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 498mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 29g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti
Spaghetti in a spicy white cheddar cheese sauce, with chicken, diced tomatoes and cilantro.
Three Cheese Garlic Noodles
Spaghetti is tossed in a creamy garlic sauce with Parmesan, mozzarella and fontina cheese in this easy pasta recipe that even picky eaters love!
One Pot Spicy Chicken Riggies
This one pot meal features rigatoni pasta and chicken in a spicy tomato cream sauce.
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
Spaghetti gets a spicy kick with the addition of cheese and diced tomatoes and green chilies!
Tomato Bacon Carbonara
Classic pasta Carbonara with bacon is given a delicious, colorful twist with the addition of fresh sauteed cherry tomatoes.
Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
Tender gnocchi pasta with Italian sausage and cheese cooks up in one skillet for a quick and easy meal!
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe