ROASTED CARROTS WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE — Roasted baby carrots drizzled with a sweet and tangy dijon vinaigrette. The perfect spring vegetable side dish!
If you’re looking for a spring time vegetable dish to serve for Easter dinner, look no further than these Roasted Carrots with Dijon Vinaigrette.
I confess, I was a little skeptical when I read the ingredient list. But I wanted to try a new and different twist on the usual cooked carrots, so I figured it was worth taking my changes.
Well, these roasted carrots surpassed all of my expectations! They were absolutely delicious, and the light and tangy vinaigrette was a wonderful accompaniment to the slight sweetness of the carrots.
My family, including the kids, loved them too, and I honestly regretting that I didn’t double the recipe. That’s how quickly these carrots disappeared.
Carrots and green beans are the two vegetables I can count on everyone in my family eating. So when I find new ways to prepare them, you can bet those recipes are going to be repeated.
Baby carrots with Ranch dressing are basically a staple at our house, so it only seemed natural to use baby carrots in this recipe. But you could just as easily use whole, peeled carrots cut into large chunks.
This particular carrot recipe is great for this time of year because it can be served warm, or at room temperature. And the vinaigrette is more suited to springtime than some of the heavier glazes you often find for carrots.
With a sprinkling of fresh parsley, these carrots are pretty much perfect, and I know we’ll be enjoying them all season long.
Be sure to save this recipe for Roasted Carrots with Dijon Vinaigrette to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Roasted Carrots with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Produce: baby carrots, garlic, fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt and pepper, thyme, rosemary
- White wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
Roasted Carrots with Dijon Vinaigrette
Roasted baby carrots drizzled with a sweet and tangy dijon vinaigrette. The perfect spring vegetable side dish!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- 1.5 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread the carrots on a large baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, plus the salt and pepper.
- Bake, stirring once or twice, until the carrots are tender and brown along the edges, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the vinegar, mustard, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the cooked carrots to a dish or platter, then drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Keywords: roasted, carrots, dijon
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Pioneer Woman