PANKO PARMESAN CRUSTED COD WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE — Cod fillets with a panko and Parmesan coating, finished off with a delicious lemon cream sauce.
My oldest child has always been a picky eater, but one thing he has loved from a young age is fish. Which means I learned early on to incorporate seafood into our diet.
I’d always had the impression that fish was hard to prepare, but I didn’t want our seafood choices limited to frozen fish sticks, so I started trying new seafood recipes and quickly learned how easy it really is to make delicious seafood dishes at home.
I tried this recipe last week. My boyfriend isn’t a fan of cod but we had a lot on hand and so I decided to give this a try- it was absolutely delicious!
It will definitely be a repeat dish in our house. Thanks for sharing it. We both loved it! ~ Gabrielle
This Panko Parmesan Crusted Cod with Lemon Cream Sauce is a perfect example!
When you’re preparing seafood at home, I highly recommend looking for Alaska Seafood. The cold water and natural environment of Alaska produces seafood with lean flesh, a firm texture, and a superior flavor.
Plus it’s high in quality protein, low in saturated fat and sodium, and full of vitamins, minerals and oils essential to good health.
My whole family, including my two younger boys, loved this dish! I find when serving seafood to kids, something with a nice crunchy crust always goes over well.
White fish is also a good choice for the younger crowd, since it’s familiar to most of them. If they’re anything like my kids, once they try white fish and realize how much they like it, they’ll be excited to try other varieties.
This was so delicious! I can never seem to get fish just right and this was perfect, easy, and my whole family loved it. This will be part of our regular dinner schedule! ~ Joanne
I used frozen cod for this recipe, because it’s so easy for me to keep it on hand.
If you’ve traditionally stayed away from seafood as part of your usual dinner routine because you thought it was difficult or time-consuming, give it a try! It’s easier than you think, and your family will love having something so “fancy” for dinner.
Be sure to save this recipe for Panko Parmesan Crusted Cod with Lemon Cream Sauce recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Panko Parmesan Crusted Cod with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Frozen cod fillets
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Spices: cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Produce: fresh parsley, lemons, garlic
- Heavy cream
For the fish:
- 6 frozen cod fillets (about 6 ounce, 3/4 to 1 inch thick), thawed
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Lemon Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise,lemon juice, cayenne and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels (so they won' t get mushy while baking). Season fish with salt and pepper and arrange in the prepared baking dish.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture over each fillet, pressing down to coat well.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until bubbly and almost cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Internal temperature should be about 125-130° when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil fish for 2-3 minutes until coating is golden brown and crispy. When done, the fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven and serve with lemon cream sauce.
- To make Lemon Cream Sauce: while fish is baking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for an additional minute.
- Whisk in cream and cook and stir until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in lemon zest and simmer a few minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 646mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g