ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK — With the perfect blend of seasonings and spices, this slow cooked pulled pork is some of the best you’ll ever try!
Pulled pork is pretty much a staple food at my house, and this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is the best we’ve ever had.
There are just so many great ways to use pulled pork–tacos, burritos, pulled pork sandwiches, nachos, and more–that I believe everyone needs a recipe like this in their repertoire.
The secret to this savory shredded pork is all of the spices and seasonings, and of course, the slow cooker. It’s a great cooking method for shredded meat of any kind, because it always comes out tender and juicy.
My boys would gladly eat this pork in one form or another every day of the week. We love to mix it with our favorite barbecue sauce and serve it on sandwich buns.
But it’s equally delicious served up in warm tortillas with pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. It’s also great tossed into a southwest style soup, or with some rice and beans as a burrito, or burrito bowl.
The possibilities are pretty endless when it comes to delicious ways to serve this pulled pork.
One important tip: notice in the recipe instructions that you need add the liquid around the pork in the slow cooker, rather than pouring it over the top of the pork.
Leaving those spices on the pork (rather than rinsing them off with the cooking liquid) really does help the final product so much more flavorful and delicious, because you’re going to end up discarding a lot of the cooking liquid.
And if that’s where all your seasoning is, all that flavor gets discarded too! You want it left on the pork for the ultimate end result.
So just make sure to follow the instructions and you’ll end up with some of the best slow cooker pulled pork you’ve ever had. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ultimate Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Pork roast
- Brown sugar
- Spices: paprika, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- Canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 (3-4) pound pork roast
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, brown sugar, pepper, cayenne, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Rub into the pork roast, covering all sides
- Place onion, chipotle pepper, vinegar and water in bottom of slow cooker. Carefully add the pork, so you don't wash off the spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks (remove any large fatty pieces and discard).
- Before serving, add juices from slow cooker to pork as desired for flavor and moisture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 199 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 312mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 14g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet