SPICY PORK TACOS WITH GREEN APPLE SLAW — Savory marinated pork is served in tortillas with a tangy green apple slaw and a drizzle of lemon yogurt sauce in these tasty tacos that are bursting with flavor.
We love tacos, so I’m always looking for unique and tasty new ways to serve them, and these Spicy Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw were a huge hit with my family of taco connoisseurs.
The pork is marinated in a spicy, flavorful mix of Middle Eastern inspired herbs and spices, including cinnamon, paprika and coriander, with a few splashes of Sriracha sauce for heat.
Then the meat is sautéed in a super hot skillet until it’s golden brown and crispy on the outside. Yum!
But my favorite thing about these tacos is definitely the toppings–a tart and crunchy green apple slaw, along with a creamy, tangy yogurt based sauce.
The combination of all those flavors, wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla, is nothing short of amazing!
Yes, these tacos do take a little longer to prepare than your usual Taco Tuesday recipe, but the effort is well worth it.
In fact, I dare say these are restaurant quality tacos. Or amazing food truck quality tacos, at the very least. And my family wholeheartedly agrees.
If you’re looking for something different to serve for taco night at your house, I highly recommend these Spicy Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw.
Be sure to save this recipe for Spicy Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw
- Pork roast
- Olive oil
- Sriracha sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Spices: paprika, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, salt and pepper
- Produce: garlic, cilantro, green apples, red onion, lemons
- Greek yogurt
- Tortillas or flatbread
For the pork marinade
- 1 (3 pound) pork roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Flour tortillas or flatbread, for serving
For the green apple slaw
- 3-4 green apples, cored and finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the yogurt sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Place the pork roast in a large plastic container with a lid, or a zip-top bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Pour over pork. Cover and seal; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Mix together the apple slaw ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Mix together the yogurt sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cubed, marinated pork in small batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 2-4 minutes, until the outside is dark golden brown. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Fill warm tortillas or flatbread with cooked pork, then top with green apple slaw and yogurt sauce to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 715mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 9g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Simply